Sunday, April 09, 2006

Personal Project: Alexus (the Bimbo)

Ah, hello, to whoever reading this. Since this is my first post I’m going to write a little bit about myself.

I’ve recently got laid off by a giant video game company I worked for over 4 years as a 3D character modeler. Long story short, I decided to use this space to keep track of my personal project while I'm finding a new job. (Most likely I’d continue posting even after getting something somewhat.) So, here you go.

OK, this is what I'm working on at this moment (img #1). It’s still not perfect but I finally finished modeling and texturing of this character that’s based on my very simple drawing (img #2). Yes, tell me I’m lazy. I know it's not the best character design! Anyways, my focus on this current project is more to get familiar with lighting and rendering. Next, rigging, binding and such… I've been too specialized at my previous work so I'd like to try out something different. I’ll keep posting the progress little by little so stay tuned.

PS. What's the stuff on her head? (img #1) That's a "Geisha"-wig. It's low priority but I'm going to make her a full Geisha costume in the end. It's such a Babie doll to me(fun)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home